Why is Mitt Romney Unlikable?
A lot is being said in the media about Mitt Romney not being “likable” or that he doesn’t “relate well” to people. Frankly, we struggled to understand why. So after much research, we have come up with a Top Ten List to explain this “unlikability.”
Top Ten Reasons To Dislike Mitt Romney:
1. Gracious, statesmanlike aura. Looks like every central casting’s #1 choice for Commander-in-Chief.
2. Been married to ONE woman his entire life, and has been faithful to her, including through her bouts with breast cancer and MS.
3. No scandals or skeletons in his closet. (How boring is that?)
4. Can’t speak in a fake, southern, “black preacher voice” when necessary.
5. Highly intelligent. Graduated cum laude from both Harvard Law School and Harvard Business School … and by the way, his academic records are NOT sealed.
6. Doesn’t smoke or drink alcohol, and has never done drugs, not even in the counter-culture age when he went to college. Too square for today’s America?
7. Represents an America of “yesterday”, where people believed in God, went to Church, didn’t screw around, worked hard, and became a SUCCESS!
8. Has a family of five great sons… and none of them have police records or are in drug rehab. But of course, they were raised by a stay-at-home mom, and that “choice” deserves America’s scorn.
9. Oh yes… he’s a MORMON. We need to be very afraid of that very strange religion that teaches its members to be clean-living, patriotic, fiscally conservative, charitable, self-reliant, and honest.
10. And one more point … pundits say because of his wealth, he can’t relate to ordinary Americans. I guess that’s because he made that money HIMSELF… as opposed to marrying it or inheriting it from Dad. Apparently, he didn’t understand that actually working at a job and earning your own money made you not relatable to Americans.
Mitt Romney Is a lot more likeable than the socialist-liberal that is presently masquerading as president.
You may think that Romney may not be the best representative the Republicans could have selected, I know I have thought that. At least I know what religion he is, and that he won’t desecrate the flag, bow down to foreign powers, or practice fiscal irresponsibility.
I know he has the ability to turn around this financial debacle that the current regime has gotten us into. We won’t like all the things necessary to recover from this debt, but someone with Romney’s background and resume says he can do it.
But, on the minus side, he never was a “Community Organizer,” never took drugs or smoked pot, never got drunk, did not associate with communists or terrorists, nor did he attend a church whose pastor called for God to damn the US. Guess he doesn’t fit well with the Hollywood crowd or the liberal media.
In the spirit of *fair and balanced*, I didn’t write this piece, I found it on a wall post made by a friend on Facebook, but I have to say, I agree with EVERY word and I hope my friends and readers will share this one all over the ‘net!