Justice Dept opposes Texas voter ID law
Texas follows South Carolina as the second state in recent months to become embroiled in a court battle with the Justice Department over new photo ID requirements for voters.
Full Story Here:
Justice Dept opposes Texas voter ID law
This makes me madder than an old wet hen. Texas does everything it can to make it easy for ANYONE that is legally allowed to vote to do so.
So, what’s the deal with the Justice Department of Barack Hussein Obama and his stooge Eric Holder? If you have what it takes to become a registered voter, why then don’t you have some form of PROOF to show at the polls to prove it’s really you?
I am an advocate FOR voter ID and it being presented at the polls. I have my ID and when I go to vote I have it and my voter registration card in hand. It was no inconvenience to obtain either the ID card OR the voters registration card. I honestly do NOT see how requiring a pictured ID could be in any way interpreted as an effort at disenfranchising people who tend to vote Democratic.
Again, honestly, I don’t want to see anyone disenfranchised, I only want to see the voter fraud that the Democrats are so well known for to be STOPPED, think VOTE THE DEAD.
Who can vote in Texas?
To be eligible to register to vote in Texas, a person must be:
• A United States citizen;
• A resident of the Texas county in which application for registration is made;
• At least 18 years old on Election Day;
• Not finally convicted of a felony, or, if so convicted must have (1) fully discharged the sentence, including any term of incarceration, parole, or supervision, or completed a period of probation ordered by any court; or (2) been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disability to vote; and
• Not determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be (1) totally mentally incapacitated; or (2) partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
What if I don’t have a driver’s license, personal identification number, OR a social security number? Can I still register to vote in Texas?
A voter who has not been issued a driver’s license or social security number may register to vote, but such voter must submit proof of identification when presenting himself/herself for voting or with his/her mail-in ballots, if voting by mail. These voters’ names are flagged on the official voter registration list with the annotation of “ID.” The “ID” notation instructs the poll worker to request a proper form of identification from these voters when they present themselves for voting. Acceptable identification includes:
• A driver’s license or personal identification card issued to the person by the Department of Public Safety or a similar document issued to the person by an agency of another state, regardless of whether the license or card has expired;
• A form of identification containing the person’s photograph that establishes the person’s identity;
• A birth certificate or other document confirming birth that is admissible in a court of law and establishes the person’s identity;
• United States citizenship papers issued to the person;
• A United States passport issued to the person;
• Official mail addressed to the person by name from a governmental entity;
• A copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows the name and address of the voter; or
• Any other form of identification prescribed by the Secretary of State. Texas Voting
A while back this issue came up about the Feds wanting to knock down a voter ID law in another state and I was accused of being a NAZI.
I had a Libertarian commenter that I tolerated, he made an occasional donation to the blog and he wasn’t a rabid Ron Paul ‘Paultard’, he was fairly reasoned in most discussions until the time that discussion got around to voter ID.
He was a firm believer in the idea that *if you live here you can vote here* and obviously, I am not, and the laws are written as such. This person called a voters ID a form of a Poll Tax and accused anyone that supported a voter ID and/or law of being NAZIs.
His quote was, “So, you’re going to be a NAZI and demand to see their papers?”
Needless to say, it matters NOT that he made an occasional donation, he was removed and banned, and will stay that way. Anyone that can’t present an argument without that kind of childish name calling needs to be banned. It wasn’t his ideas regarding a voter ID card, it was his accusations of ME being a NAZI because I advocate that ID.
In this day and time it is nearly impossible to do ANY kind of business if you don’t have a pictured ID of some sort. The idea of a pictured ID being used to disenfranchise a voter of ANY kind is merely the Obama regime showing the desperation they feel as they see their numbers falling more and more every day.
One other thing, and I know that the Bill of Rights carries little, if any weight in the Obama regime, but these crooks in the White House and Justice need to know, the Bill of Rights, the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence are sacrosanct to far more than half of this nation.
Holder and Obama need to read and remember this:
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.
State Sovereignty is THAT important!