I am constantly bombarded on Facebook and in emails with *meme’s* about impeaching Obama, click like and share if you think he needs to be impeached and so forth and so on to the point of wanting to scream.
Well of course he needs to be impeached, I don’t know how any THINKING American could see it otherwise, but the reality is; Barack Hussein Obama is not going anywhere.
I have covered this before but I am going to take one more shot at explaining what it takes to impeach the POTUS and remove him/her from office. Please, read through the process and then see my commentary below.
Impeachment: The Unthinkable Process
The Impeachment Process in the House of Representatives
• The House Judiciary Committee decides whether or not to proceed with impeachment. If they do…
• The Chairman of the Judiciary Committee will propose a Resolution calling for the Judiciary Committee to begin a formal inquiry into the issue of impeachment.
• Based on their inquiry, the Judiciary Committee will send another Resolution to the full House stating that impeachment is warranted and why (the Articles of Impeachment), or that impeachment is not called for.
• The Full House (probably operating under special floor rules set by the House Rules Committee) will debate and vote on each Article of Impeachment.
• Should any one of the Articles of Impeachment be approved by a simple majority vote, the President will be “impeached.” However, being impeached is sort of like being indicted of a crime. There still has to be a trial, which is where the US Senate comes in.
In the Senate
• The Articles of Impeachment are received from the House.
• The Senate formulates rules and procedures for holding a trial.
• A trial will be held. The President will be represented by his lawyers. A select group of House members will serve as “prosecutors.” The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court (currently John G. Roberts) will preside with all 100 Senators acting as the jury.
• The Senate will meet in private session to debate a verdict.
• The Senate, in open session, will vote on a verdict. A 2/3 vote of the Senate will result in a conviction.
• The Senate will vote to remove the President from office.
• The Senate may also vote (by a simple majority) to prohibit the President from holding any public office in the future.
Article II, Section 4 of the Constitution says, “The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.” In his report, Independent Counsel, Starr accuses President Clinton of committing eleven acts for which he could be removed from office by impeachment. Are any of those acts “Treason, Bribery, or other High Crimes and Misdemeanors?” Well, that’s up to the members of the House of Representatives. According to constitutional lawyers, “High Crimes and Misdemeanors” are (1) real criminality — breaking a law; (2) abuses of power; (3) “violation of public trust” as defined by Alexander Hamilton in the Federalist Papers. In 1970, then Representative Gerald R. Ford defined impeachable offenses as “whatever a majority of the House of Representatives considers it to be at a given moment in history.”
An excellent definition, Mr. Former President. In the past, Congress has issued Articles of Impeachment for acts in three general categories:
•Exceeding the constitutional bounds of the powers of the office.
•Behavior grossly incompatible with the proper function and purpose of the office.
•Employing the power of the office for an improper purpose or for personal gain.
OK, so there it is; neat, simply worded so that even the most simple minds can understand the judicial process required to impeach the POTUS.
In all fact and actuality all of those words mean exactly NOTHING!
First and foremost; in order to impeach the POTUS and to remove him/her from office you have to have a Congress and Senate that has COURAGE, DETERMINATION, DIGNITY, and the WILL to what’s right for America.
Well, that just threw ANY thoughts or hopes of impeachment right out the window my friends, you see, we don’t have more that 15 or 20 people in the U.S. Congress that possess those qualities, the rest are spineless cowards, go along to get along cretins and lazy bastards that won’t rock the boat simply because they don’t want to draw attention to themselves, at least not by ridding this nation of its GARBAGE.
If you think the 15 or 20 in the House with any degree of courage or a modicum of decency is a small number, the Senate would be doing good to raise 5 or 6 members that have the BALLS to actually care about anything other than their own position.
Congress can’t make a case against Lois Lerner and the irregularities of the IRS because the Dept. of Justice, a misnomer if ever there was one, refuses to prosecute Lerner. I am of the belief that they have declined prosecution simply because Lerner KNOWS too much on certain people.
Sen. Bob Menendez didn’t toe the line for Obama, and as such, there will likely be enough Democrats willing to throw him under the bus as they find a hard core Libber to replace him.
The only way former Senator and former United States Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will ever face actual prosecution will be if at some point in the near future SHE renders herself useless to the Democratic Party effort.
Bill Clinton sat there looking into the camera and LIED to Congress and the American people. He was impeached for committing acts of perjury, but he wasn’t removed from office.
Presidential impeachment and removal from office is a pipe dream, today more than ever.
All of that hard work we did to make the Senate a GOP controlled entity and to keep the HOUSE for the GOP, even increasing its majority, was for naught. We The People have been screwed once again, deal with it!