Arizona law sparks debate in El Paso
EL PASO — The Mexican consul’s office in El Paso issued a statement criticizing the new Arizona measure that requires local police to enforce immigration laws.
The consul’s statement reflects the Mexican federal government’s position on the controversial law.
“Although the Mexican government recognizes the sovereign rights of all countries to decide policies that apply in their own territories, nevertheless, we cannot remain indifferent over a law like (Arizona) Senate Bill 1070, which has the potential to affect the human rights of thousands of Mexican people,” the statement said.
“Criminalization is not the way to resolve the phenomenon of undocumented immigration … The Mexican government will use its resources to defend the rights and dignity of Mexicans in Arizona.”
Full story Here:
Arizona law sparks debate in El Paso
Debate in El Paso is great, I want debate, and immediate action, in AUSTIN!
I want our state legislature ALL OVER this issue, and I don’t mean a year from now, I don’t mean just before the next election, I mean NOW! And I am fairly certain that I am not the only LEGAL American VOTER in the great state of Texas that feels this way!
“Although the Mexican government recognizes the sovereign rights of all countries to decide policies that apply in their own territories, nevertheless, we cannot remain indifferent over a law like (Arizona) Senate Bill 1070, which has the potential to affect the human rights of thousands of Mexican people,”
Human rights only seem to matter to Mexico when it’s the American society that is taking the hits, providing education, healthcare and the like. I haven’t heard of any massive social welfare reforms or programs in Mexico. Maybe that’s why, coupled with Mexico’s lack of human rights in it’s own nation, maybe that’s why we have so many Mexicans coming to the USA illegally!
Maybe we need to simplify OUR immigration laws, make them so simple that even a child can understand their exact intent! How about this?
1. If you migrate to this county, you must speak the native language
2. You have to be a professional or an investor. No unskilled workers allowed.
3. There will be no special bilingual programs in the schools, no special ballots for elections, all government business will be conducted in our language.
4. Foreigners will NOT have the right to vote no matter how long they are here.
5 Foreigners will NEVER be able to hold political office.
6. Foreigners will not be a burden to the taxpayers. No welfare, no food stamps, no health care, or other government assistance programs.
7. Foreigners can invest in this country, but it must be an amount equal to 400 times the daily minimum wage.
8. If foreigners do come and want to buy land that will be okay, BUT options will be restricted. You are not allowed waterfront property. That is reserved for citizens naturally born into this country.
9. Foreigners may not protest; no demonstrations, no waving a foreign flag, no political organizing, no badmouthing our president or his policies, if you do you will be sent home.
10. If you do come to this country illegally, you will be hunted down and sent straight to jail.
Harsh, you say? The above laws belong to the immigration laws of MEXICO!
It’s really funny how Mexico, and pretty much every other nation on earth, can enforce their laws regarding immigration, and enforce them stringently, but if WE enforce OUR immigration laws, WE are violating human rights!
Does anyone else see the hypocrisy of that?
And here’s another graphic reminder of how WE are the only ones that aren’t supposed to enforce OUR immigration laws:
IF YOU CROSS THE –
NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR.
IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY.
AFGHAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET SHOT.
SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE JAILED.
CHINESE BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU MAY NEVER BE HEARD FROM AGAIN.
VENEZUELAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE BRANDED A SPY AND YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.
CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO POLITICAL PRISON TO ROT.
BUT, IF YOU CROSS THE U.S. BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET:
1 – A JOB,
2 – A DRIVER’S LICENSE,
3 – A SOCIAL SECURITY CARD,
4 – WELFARE,
5 – FOOD STAMPS,
6 – CREDIT CARDS
7 – SUBSIDIZED RENT OR A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE,
8 – A FREE EDUCATION,
9 – FREE HEALTH CARE,
10 – A LOBBYIST IN WASHINGTON
11 – BILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF PUBLIC DOCUMENTS PRINTED IN YOUR LANGUAGE
12 – AND THE RIGHT TO CARRY YOUR COUNTRY’S FLAG WHILE YOU PROTEST THAT YOU DON’T GET ENOUGH RESPECT
The nations listed above are the ones that scream the loudest about intolerance and racist Americans. Again I ask, does anyone else see the hypocrisy?
It’s time to stand up and FIGHT America. Arizona is blazing a trail and the rest of these United States need to support Arizona and follow suit.
It’s not going to make Barack Hussein Obama happy, it’s not going to make the 20 some odd million or more illegals in this nation happy, but it will make the vast majority of LEGAL, hard working, tax paying and VOTING Americans ecstatic!
See the original post on the El Paso Times and VOTE in their online poll!