Police, protesters argue over ‘rules of engagement’ ahead of Ferguson decision
ST. LOUIS — Following weeks of intense negotiations, local police officials and Ferguson protesters have agreed to a dozen policies for how any future protests will be policed — but have yet to reach consensus over whether tear gas and riot gear will be used or whether the protesters will get advance notice of when the grand jury will announce its decision regarding Ferguson Officer Darren Wilson.
The negotiations have centered on 19 “Rules of Engagement” proposed by a coalition of 50 community and civil rights groups in an effort to avoid the violent clashes that brought worldwide attention to Ferguson after the shooting of a black teenager in August. SOURCE
You can read the Proposed Rules of Engagement at the link in the story above.
What I see written in that 19 point list is simply a manifesto, one designed to give any and all *protesters* a blanket amnesty of sorts, an easy way out if they go on a rampage.
Personally, if I were in charge, the only rules would be those that are outlined in standard police training practices and by the laws of the state, county and municipality.
That is the FAIR TREATMENT which all Americans are entitled to.
But let me spell this out in words so simple that even the illiterate animals of Ferguson, MO. and their congress of supporters can grasp their meaning;
1. If YOU break the law in MY town, YOU go to jail.
2. If you damage private property in MY town, YOU go to jail.
3. If you injure the citizens of MY town, YOU go to jail.
4. If you attempt to engage in property damage to private property in MY town, and if that criminal act should place ANY law abiding citizens of my town in fear for their lives as they defend their homes and businesses, consider *The Castle Doctrine* to be in affect and know that honest men and women can vigorously defend themselves, their homes and their property with deadly force.
5. If you attempt to bring bodily harm to an officer of the law in MY town you will face the most serious charges that can be brought against you and YOU will be jailed.
6. If you attempt to use deadly force, OF ANY KIND, against ANY officer of the law in MY town, YOU will be shot.
7. If this list of actions causes you discomfort, pain, feelings of persecution, any ideas of them being racist and that their enforcement is in some way a racist act, do NOT commit any of these acts and it will be a good day for all of us.
8. This list applies to ANY and ALL that break the law in MY town, regardless of race, creed, color, sexual orientation or national origin.
I say this to the members of Law Enforcement in Ferguson, MO., the surrounding area and to ALL Officers in the state of Missouri; if your leaders, your command staff give in to the *manifesto* that has been issued by potential protesters, those leaders and members of Command have just painted you with a huge target, NEVER allow the enemy to lay out the rules of the battle should it come to that.
Good luck to the Officers on this one, be safe, be careful and LOAD HEAVY! I have a seriously bad feeling that if Ferguson *goes badly* for the Police there, the same will spring up anywhere there is a Police Officer and a bad guy.