Congressional Reform Act of 2012
If only this were a reality. It’s NOT, but we can make it real! It all starts with an idea, and moves along when We, The People of courage have the fortitude to make it so. Here is how it would work:
1. No Tenure / No Pension.
2. A Member of Congress collects a salary while in office and receives no pay once they’re out of office.
3. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security.
4. All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. These funds may not be used for any other purpose.
5. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans can.
6. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
7. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
8. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.
9. All contracts with past and present Congressional members will be held null and void effective 12/1/12.
Congress made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.
If each person reading this contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will only take three days for most people (in the U.S.) to receive the message. Don’t you think it’s time?
THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS!
When I was sent this earlier I immediately thought of how well it ties in with my post from a couple of days ago: A return to government as the Founders intended: the Citizen Legislator
Don’t think I have anything against ANY particular Congresscritter, I don’t, but no one, man or woman, needs to spend their entire life in the Congress, Senate or on a Federal Bench as a Judge!
If you agree, copy it and pass it on, send links to this page to all of your friends, post it on YOUR blog, whatever the case may be, it needs to be seen by as many Conservative Americans as possible.
If you don’t agree, just ignore it and go along as you have been.